A Single, Consolidated Data Source
- Eliminates time consuming manual searches for product attributes and end-of-life data.
- Removes the guesswork on where to find data that can vary greatly by product and vendor.
- Provides a foundation for normalizing data from multiple non-discovery sources into a common naming convention. Utilizing this normalized data across related systems improves process efficiencies and minimizes redundancies.
- In conjunction with the SCANMAN™ application recognition knowledgebase, IT-Pedia® provides a powerful and complete data normalization solution.
Catalog Creation and Enhancement
- Significantly reduces the time it takes to create comprehensive and detailed asset and service catalogs, or to expand the product details in an existing catalog.
- Eliminates information gaps and inconsistencies that can be caused by incomplete purchase data or manual, iterative approaches to catalog creation.
- Enhances the value provided by any CMDB, ITAM, SAM or ITSM tool, Procurement system or other application that utilizes product and vendor data.
- Provides non-discoverable details about software products, license programs and types, product use rights (PURs) and other attributes that are often omitted or incomplete in procurement data sources.
- Enables more robust reporting and analysis from SAM tools like Eracent’s Continuous License Reconciliation (CLR)™.
Security and Compatibility
- Products that are no longer supported can cause ongoing system compatibility issues and put networks and endpoints at risk, since patch support will not be available. End-of-Life (EOL) and End-of-Support (EOS) data can identify products whose support will end in the near term, allowing organizations to plan accordingly.
Up to Date and Easy to Use
- Updated daily, using multiple authoritative sources of data. Avoids decision making based on outdated data.
- Provided as a service, securely hosted by Eracent.
- Offered as an annual subscription with optional access levels.
- A published API and user interface make it simple to select the data you need and share it with complementary systems and applications.