Enabling Data Sharing with Complementary Systems
Eracent Integration Methods
IT Asset Management (ITAM) and Software Asset Management (SAM) tools can play a key role in the wider IT ecosystem. They can provide valuable data for multiple functions, including:
The ability to share information seamlessly and automatically with complementary business applications is essential. It is equally important for ITAM and SAM tools to be able to take advantage of data that resides in other systems. This enables organizations to get more out of their investment in existing tools and processes.
In order to accommodate the sharing of data, Eracent provides multiple connection options.
Discovery and Normalization
Eracent provides specialized Eracent Data Extractors (EDEs) to import data from third-party discovery tools. This enables data from all discovery tools that are in use across various platforms, business units and geographical locations to be incorporated into a single database for a consolidated view of the complete network environment.
This data is processed by the SCANMAN™ normalization process to ensure that common naming conventions are utilized, making the data more useful and relevant for multiple purposes. The system also identifies any duplicate records for machines that were scanned by multiple discovery tools. This avoids double counting to ensure accuracy in license reconciliation and optimization reporting.
EDEs are provided for commonly used tools such as:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Blackberry Enterprise Mobility Suite (Good Technologies)
- HP UCMDB
- HP Universal Discovery
- HCL BigFix
- IBM MaaS360
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Intune (updated)
- Microsoft Office365
- Microsoft SCCM
- ServiceNow Discovery
- Symantec Altiris
- VMWare AirWatch (enhanced)
New EDEs are developed regularly based on customer and market requirements.
Service Desk, Procurement, Financial and other Applications
Data from Eracent’s ITMC Lifecycle™, Continuous License Reconciliation™ (CLR™) modules, and IT-Pedia® IT product data library may be shared for multiple purposes, including:
- Populating and updating CMDBs and other repositories
- Creating, expanding and updating product and service catalogs
- Supporting procurement and employee self-service processes
- Providing a basis for automated license and asset provisioning
- Identifying candidates for automated license harvesting
- Supporting asset service and maintenance processes
- Updating financial and fixed asset systems
Eracent provides flexible web service-based integration methodologies that are highly configurable to enable secure bi-directional data sharing. Eracent also provides pre-configured integrations for:
- ServiceNow (CMDB, Asset Management, and other modules)
- Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) tools including IBM’s Maas360, MobileIron and Good Technologies
- other complementary business applications
Service Desk and ITSM Tool Enhancement
Eracent’s Discovery, Data Normalization and IT-Pedia® solutions increase the power of enterprise ITSM solutions like ServiceNow, Cherwell, BMC Remedy and RemedyForce by supplementing their formidable core functionality with increased data collection coverage across platforms (from data centers to mobile devices) and license reconciliation and optimization for complex license types. The combination of Eracent tools and ITSM systems provides a comprehensive and highly aligned solution to provide high quality and highly-automated service delivery for enterprises of all sizes.