In this time of rapid mobile adoption, most people own more than one mobile device. First, we transitioned from the traditional desktop to the laptop. Then we adopted the smart phone over the standard cell phone and added the tablet to our mobile technology acquisitions.
As mobile devices become more readily available, companies are expanding their remote workforce. Mobile or remote employees have the ability to work anyplace at any time and there are associated risks such as device theft or loss, security of enterprise data and BYOD (“bring your own device”) considerations. Furthermore, companies are pushing more mobile applications to their employees’ devices. For these reasons, it’s critical for organizations to manage mobile devices and applications while feeling confident about both their physical security and the privacy of data that resides on them.
Wouldn’t it be convenient to have the following capabilities?
- Establish and enforce policies for enterprise-owned and BYOD devices
- Provide security around mobile device access to enterprise systems, applications and networks
- Distribute, edit and share content securely
- Manage expenses and billing around devices and data plans
- Containerize and separate private data from enterprise data on BYOD devices
- Generate comprehensive reports to include the location of the device
- Provide management functions such as locking and wiping the device
The Eracent Mobility Manager™ provides these features. Based on the proven IBM MaaS360 platform, the Eracent Mobility Manager manages and configures mobile devices remotely and facilitates management of the applications that reside on them.
This solution provides our customers with a sophisticated method for managing mobile devices, applications and the security of enterprise data. Since Eracent Mobility Manager is an integrated module of the IT Management Center (ITMC) suite, customers get a comprehensive view of all assets in a single interface, and mobile application usage metrics are provided as input to Software Asset Management initiatives.